9.13.2007

Our Little Getaway



This past week Kevin and I took a short trip to L.A. He has made it a tradition to go to a BYU football game once a year. Last year he went with some friends to the Boston College/BYU game and this year he decided to invite me. I have to say I really do like college football, but I don't mind watching it on T.V. so it wasn't too enticing until I bargained with him and told him that if he came with me to the musical "Wicked" on Friday night then I would go with him to the game on Saturday. It was a win-win situation. We left early Friday morning. We met some friends of my parents and ours, Will and Debbie for dinner and the play. We had a great time and I loved it! I highly recommend the soundtrack, it's one of my favorites.
The next morning we decided to run to the Stadium and back, the weather was perfect and it was nice to run with Kev. Then we went to Lunch, went to the game, which was a disappointment, but at least it was exciting for a little while. After the game we stopped by
"In and Out" to get a burger, shake and fries and off we went to the airport to catch our red eye. Luckily the flight wasn't full so we each had a row to ourselves. Yes this was the shortest trip we have ever taken but it was great spending a little time with just the two of us.

10 comments:

Marc said...

Or a win-win-lose situation (considering the Coug-flop) ;)

cassiecasperson said...

What a fun trip Amy. Love the win-win situation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meadows Family said...

Glad you had so much fun. I miss In and Out...I love their burgers! Well I'll call you later about taking Avery to Disney, have a great night!!

Katie

King Family said...

How fun. I am so jealous. I love Wicked of course. I heard that the LA cast is the cast to see...

Amy Morris said...

Angie- can I just say that whenever I listen to the soundtrack and sing my heart out, you and Alisa always come to mind for playing Glenda and Elphaba. You two would be perfect!

King Family said...

Amy,
You are too nice. Of course that would be the dream...you wouldn't be a bad Elphaba yourself.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you and Kev had fun! It's so nice to get away by yourselves once in a while:)

Johnson said...

Sounds like a blast. I need one of those trips with my hubbie too!!! And I would love to see Wicked..I am going to start bargaining with Greg!!!

Jen Tornow said...

I've heard that Wicked is wonderful. My mom is heading to Chicago this week to see my sister who lives there, and they will be going to see the Wicked production there. I have been debating about meeting them there to see it!