12.30.2007

Amelia Island

Kevin has the week off between Christmas and New Years so we decided at the last minute that we were going to take a trip to Amelia Island here in Florida. First we went to the little shops and got some ice cream...





Then we went to explore a Civil War era fort- Fort Clinch. The kids loved seeing all of the equipment that was used. I can only imagine how cold the winter nights would have been like and how hot it would have been in the summers. Their living quarters made me feel grateful for what we have today. Avery and Boston's favorite part was being able to pick out a piece of candy at the general store.





While Boston took a nap in the car Avery went to a Kingsley Plantation where she learned how they used to pick and spin cotton. She was obsessed with spinning cotton with her hands for hours. I'm amazed at how fascinated my kids are with the simplest things. I love it.


(Avery spinning her cotton)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy cow, it's crazy how you can find people in the world of blogging. Your kids are so big and super cute. You guys look like your doing great! We'll have to keep in touch through our blogs now. I'll have to add you guys on our list. Thanks for saying HI, tell Kevin Hi!

Amie said...

Why buy them toys right? I love it! Avery is beautiful!

Natalie said...

Congrats on the baby boy!!! I'm excited for you guys, I love, love, LOVE having a boy! I'm sure you do too:) Cute pics on your fun trip to Amelia Island!

Amie said...

Morris,
Your blog is so cute. How do you do differetn layout for pics and different backgrounds? Also I am still debating comming to see you.

Jen and Lance said...

Fun! I was wondering how you celebrated my birthday week! Looks like a cool place. You didn't even tell me you went there. I guess I have to find everything out by your blog now. Kidding Love ya!

Holly said...

What a fabulous place to visit! I love the green ice cream mouth picture.

Jen Tornow said...

How nice that you guys were able to take that fun trip! Congratulations on the boy who's on his way! You guys have some of the cutest kids I've ever seen!