2.23.2008

Cruisin

This last week we decided to take a fun little vacation before the baby comes. We had a great time. We decided on a 5 night cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. We had a blast- notice the crinkly wrinkly toes of our kids- they never wanted to get out of the water! It was great.




In Cozumel, Mexico we went to Xcaret Ecological Park. The kids love animals and they had all kinds of water and land animals for us to see. I had to sneak a picture of Avery holding the parrots because they weren't leting us take pictures with our own cameras, so the pictures not at the best angle, but it will have to do. I wish we had more time at the park to see everything but we were there for four hours. Our favorite part was swimming in a river that had all kinds of caves we could explore. I really wanted to take my camera but thought it was a little too risky, oh well, what do you do?





Next stop was Grand Cayman. We decided to venture out on our own. So we took a taxi to a local beach and Kevin took the kids on a Jet Ski. It was great and so relaxing.



On the ship there was all kinds of things for us to do. Our kids love to swim so the water slide was a big hit. Boston loved the elephant slide in the kiddie pool and would of stayd there all day long if we let him. We also had a great time bowling and Avery had her first rock climbing experience. She didn't mae it to the top but I was just proud of her for trying.



Boston and Avery loved going to Kids camp on the ship while Kevin and I relaxed. Every day was a different theme. On the last day the dressed as bumble bees and sang the bumble bee song in the talent show with all the other 2-5 year olds. They were so fun to watch.



Sadly, this is our only family picture- we were too busy playing :)


18 comments:

Meadows Family said...

Very awesome! You guys are always doing something fun :)

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time. I sure hope we get to see this summer. If not I think we are planning on coming out to Florida in October sometime. I sure do miss you.
--Jared

Holly said...

That looks so wonderful and warm. We are seriously talking about moving down south with you. I am glad you had such a good time!

Holly said...

I forgot to say that I love the wrinkly toe pictures!

Kallas Family said...

How fun!! I need a vacation!

Jen and Lance said...

Fun! I want to go on a cruise! I love the kids as bumble bees the best! They look too cute! Sounds like you guys had a fun time! Take me next time!

cassiecasperson said...

Amy your trip looks like so much fun. Glad you got some relaxation time before this new little one comes!

Tori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tori said...

How fun! I am so jealous. Seeing those beaches makes me want to go on a cruise again! You guys are so cute, too. I love the pics (and Boston's swimsuit ;)!

Jen Tornow said...

That's so nice that you were able to get a fun trip in before the baby comes! We went on a cruise last year and went to Xcaret as well. Cecily loved the underground river. It was nice that we were able to take her even though she wasn't even 2 yet. What cruise line did you go on? Were you happy with it?

Amy Morris said...

Jen-
We went on NCL and I would definitely recommend it! :) We went when Avery was 2 as well and so this was our second experience with NCL.

Amie said...

Morris,
It looks like you guys had a great time! I can't believe you have already went and are back. I will get those pictures of Avery this week and let you know.

threegirlmom said...

Okay you guys are so much fun!! Looks like you had a blast and there was so much to do. Boston and Avery are the cutest... not to leave you and Kevin out you guys are too!!
See you soon!!

melbo said...

Oh, beautiful! Good for you guys for getting away!

lramey said...

oh the jealousy i'm experiencing while reading this! How FUN!!!! I love seeing your cute lil family on here!!!! and can't wait to see the new arrival!!!

Sommer said...

How fun! I am so jealous. How nice would it be to live so close to a cruise port. What cruise line did you go on? It looks so family friendly.

Chris said...

Great shots... looks like you guys had a blast! Almost makes me want to go on a cruise... DaddyO

Renee said...

Amy, it's Renee Hill. I check your blog occasionally and think that your kids are darling! What a fun trip for you! Good luck with the upcoming baby. Having three is crazy but so much fun. Keep in touch. I will be going private on my blog in the next few weeks so e-mail me at modberenee@hotmail.com if you want to be included! Talk to you soon.