8.26.2008

First Day of School



I can't believe time has flown by so fast. I remember last year how worried I was for Avery to start school.  I didn't want to let go. Now she is in first grade and I can't believe it. Time really does fly by.  She is such a sweet heart and I am so lucky to have her. This year seemed harder than last year, the summer went by so fast!  This year she wanted to wear pants on the first day.  I'm just glad they have to wear uniforms. It makes the mornings go by so much smoother. Look how much older she looks. 


Kindergarten...................................first grade


And our little guy started preschool today! I couldn't believe it and boy, was he ready. He was so excited to take his superman lunchbox (cape included) to school.  He was so ready he barely said good bye. I was so happy he did so well but apart of me wanted him to jump in my arms and never let go.  I think at times all boys can be a little rambunctious, but I am so lucky to have him. He really is such a sweet boy.  He's my bud and I can't believe he's old enough for preschool. Wow!


It's times like these where I have to step back and realize how lucky I am to have such wonderful healthy children. They make such a difference in my life and I am so grateful to be apart of their lives.

12 comments:

Jen and Lance said...

Wow! you definitely caught up! I love looking at all the posts. And I can't believe Avery is riding a bike! She looks so old it makes me sad I don't get to see them grow up everyday! I miss them so much! I really hope and pray that I have a family half as cute as yours one day. Love you!

Tori said...

What a sweet post. Seriously, being a mom is so amazing. Being an aunt ain't bad either - I have loved watching your kids grow up, too! They are so cute.

Katie Meadows said...

It was so great to hear from you and see you yesterday, you look great! Avery always looks so cute in her uniform. By the way I love the little cute quotes you have by your kids on the side of your blog...especially Boston's "d says duh"...I just love that video... Kaylie walks around saying "k says kuh" and is kicking at the same time. Whatever works to get them to learn their alphabet, but thanks for that movie...we love it!

Renee said...

So cute! I wish Utah would do the uniform thing - it would really make my life easier!!!! Both kiddos look darling and Avery does look older!

Holly said...

It is amazing how much she has changed over one year! I love how happy and excited both of your kids look.

Brianne Minster said...

Her hair is so cute! I can't how much older she looks. You have the most darling kids ever little Amy! I miss you tonz and I will call you soon. BLOG MORE PICS!

Marie B. said...

Avery's hair looks so cute! I cant believe how big everyone looks and Boston is already in preschool! Belen will be there soon, we are already on some waiting lists.....

Sommer said...

Cute kids! I think Avery's haircut makes her look older, it is so cute. Also, I have got to get that balance buddy- thanks for the info. Dusty has been tying an old shirt to Savanna to hold her up! Hope all is well!

Amie said...

I can't believe Avery is in first grade. I remember when she was born. Time does fly so fast. These last couple of weeks Grace has stared saying "I don't know" when she first said it, it was devaju. I instantly thought of Avery, it reminded me of her so much. It must be the way Grace says it. I miss you guys!!

Kristin said...

Amy--This is Kristin Prusse. Tim and I lived in FL a couple of years ago with my parents for a couple of months, the Rasmussens. We did the super fun beach girls camp. Anyways, I got your blog site from my mom who got it from your parents I think and it has been so fun to see pictures of your cute kids. I had our third baby the same day you had Van! I am glad to see you guys are doing good. You can check out our blog my clicking on my name I think! If you guys are ever out in UT we would love to see you again

Natalie said...

it seems like just yesterday i was commenting on how cute her polka-dot head band was, wow! Your kids are too cute:) I know I keep saying that, but it's true!!

Brandalyn said...

I can't believe your kids are that old either. Time really does fly. When are you going to make another trip to Utah?