11.21.2008

Halloween

Pumpkin Patches in Florida are just a bunch of pumpkins in a church parking lot, not too exciting. Luckily, we have lived here for long enough that my kids don't know what a real pumpkin patch is supposed to look like. They were just excited they got to pick out their very own pumpkin.




This year for Halloween, we didn't do a theme. It actually made me sad, but Avery really really wanted to be Hannah Montana and I didn't think that Boston would be too excited to be Jackson or anyone else from the show, so I let them choose what they wanted to be and let go of choosing what I wanted them to be.
Boston wanted to be Buzz Light year, so I talked Kevin in to being the same... It took a while to convince him but because he always procrastinates until the last minute to get a costume he decided it would be fun to share the experience with Buddy #1.
Van (Buddy #2) was a skunk ( I bought the costume last year after Haloween for $5). He looked even cuter than I thought he would.
This was the first year I didn't dress up, unless you call a Halloween t-shirt and jeans dressing up. I wanted to, but I was so involved getting everyone put together I forgot I didn't have a costume. There's always next year, right?


This year we didn't do a theme. It actually made me sad but Avery really really wanted to be Hannah Montana and I didn't think that Boston would be excited to be Jackson so I let them pick what they wanted, not what I wanted. Boston wanted to be Buzz Light year so I talked Kevin in to being the same. It took a while to convince him but because he always procrastinates until the last minute to get a costume he decided it would be fun to share the experience with Buddy #1. Van (Buddy #2) was a skunk. He looked even cuter than I thought he would. This was the first year I didn't dress up. Unless you call a Halloween t-shirt and jeans dressing up. I wanted to, but I really was so involved getting everyone put together I forgot I didn't have a costume. There's always next year, right?

7 comments:

The Bensons said...

Oh my gosh that skunk is cute! I don't think I would EVER be able to talk Ryan into wearing a Buzz Lightyear costume. Kevin is a trooper. It could be worse, it could be teletubbies.
I am going private so PLEASE send me your email address so that I can add you to my list. Hope you're doing well!

Renee said...

I cannot believe that your hubby dressed up! That is hilarious! They all looked so cute, especially Van! He is getting huge!

Codi said...

Kevin as BUZZ! It might be my favorite of all time.

Jen and Lance said...

I was so excited when I pulled up your blog and Halloween was up! I've been dying to see it! Van looks SO cute as a skunk and Kevin and Boston are a crack up. How do you find a grown up size Buzz light year?! and Avery looks adorable. She definitely is growing up wanting to be Hannah Montana and all. I just wish I could of seen a picture of you in your t-shirt and jeans!

The Bensons said...

One more thing- you sister dances with my sister-in-law Lisa at Odyssey. Lisa married Tyler my husbands twin. You probably already knew that.

lramey said...

i love that kevin dressed up. he needs to rub off on brent. he's bah-humbug at halloween. awesome!

Stephanie ReneƩ said...

Amy - your photos are always amazing! I am so glad you guys had a great Halloween, and I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. I need to call you - I've got to see you guys this month!!!

Kevin - Way to go on dressing up! LOVE IT!