1.21.2009

Skiing at Sundance


Can I just say that I love SUNDANCE. It makes me feel at home. It is by far my favorite resort. Maybe because it was 15 minutes from home and I grew up skiing there but there is just something about it. I love the small ski resort feel. When I think about it, it makes me smile. So many fun childhood memories. And because of that. the one thing I was determined to do while we were in Utah is take the kids skiing. When I got sick I didn't know if it was going to happen. On the last day of our trip I finally felt strong enough to go. I was so excited. I didn't know quite how it would all work out. Kevin was awesome and came with me. He isn't a fan of the slopes so he hung out with Van. We stayed on the tow rope and the kids loved it. Kevin would stay in line with Boston while I took Avery up and then by the time we skied down the mountain Boston would be near the front of the line and then I would take Boston up and Avery would wait in line. It was perfect. Avery surprised me because she was so determined to ski on her own and she didn't want me to hold on to her so I would ski backwards and she would follow me. Boston was pretty brave as well, but he liked to ski fast so he skied between my legs. We had the best time and Kevin was such a trooper. Van was fascinated by all of the people and didn't get fussy at all. It was great. The only thing that made me sad was not being able to experience this all the time. That's one of the things I truly miss about Utah- the beautiful mountains and the snow (sigh).

9 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! Maybe next time you go I can sit with Kevin and you and Ben can take the kids :)

The Bensons said...

I love it there, too. We have taken our kids up there about 4 times this year and it is amazing how quickly they catch on!

cassiecasperson said...

How fun Amy!!! I too miss the snow. Glad you were able to go skiing!si

Stephanie ReneƩ said...

I am so glad you got to enjoy reliving childhood memories! How cool that you are teaching Avery and Boston how to ski! And what a wonderful husband to help out and be supportive (but he's always like that). ;-) PS - Love Kevin's hat :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been in town to see you guys while you were here. I love skiing, next time I will go with you!

Amie said...

I am impressed you took the kids skiing along with Kevin. I know how much he dislikes the snow. It sounds like you had a great time. I also love love the picture of Avery she is so pretty. I wish we could have gotten together more while you and I were in Utah. Love ya, miss ya!!

Holly said...

Trevor really misses elevation. That is probably the one thing that will get us to move somewhere back West again!

Kass Martin said...

How fun. I love skiing. We have yet to try it out with our kids but that'll come, I"m sure. I love the pic from Nicole. So cute. Your kids are gorgeous. They should be Gap models.

Natalie said...

I love seeing little kids ski. They always have so much fun and have no fear! Avery should be in a GAP add for sure, that girl is so dang cute! Glad to see you guys are doing well!