11.02.2009

Costa Rica




If you have never been on a trip with out your children, I highly recommend it. I have always been a mom who has been terribly worried about leaving her children home while vacationing but this year for our 10 year anniversary I decided it was time to overcome my fears. I figured witht he new technologies of today I would be OK. Skype is a moms best friend when she is worried and far far away. And it's free!

Lucky for us Kevin's mom flew in from Utah to be with the kids (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!) We also had many friends and family help us out with car pools and games. Thank you Dolly, Nevine, Stephanie and Mom and Dad for all your help too!


Anyways- Costa Rica was awesome- I just wished I would have taken more pictures. We stayed at Rancho Pacifico which was absolutely amazing. All of the people who worked there were amazing. I enjoyed getting to know all of them. Our routine for the week was amazing first we would wake up to the sound of monkeys, have breakfast, go off and do something adventurous. Then we would get back to our place, get rinsed off, get a massage, get ready, talk to our kids via SKYPE and then have dinner... Every Single Day!- it was absolutely amazing. Many times we would just look at each other and laugh because this is NOT our typical schedule.

This was our little place we stayed in. All the walls are just screens so you have a panoramic view of everything all the way to the ocean.




Lucky for us Kevin's sister Michelle and her boyfriend Mark are currently on a spanish speaking adventure. (They wanted to learn the Spanish Language and decided to put their stuff in storage and have been traveling central and South America for the last 7 months!) I think it's fantastic!

The week before we went to Costa Rica they realized they were only 3 hours away from us and took the bus to come and visit. It was awesome! We took surf lessons together, zip-lined and did a couple of waterfall hikes. We loved hanging out with them and it was so fun to see them and experience such a cool place with them. Thanks you guys- you honeslty made our trip so much fun. We miss you guys! Come and see us soon!



Pat did such a great job with our little ones while we were gone. They did all kinds of crafts, they made all kind of goodies and Avery even sewed her very first quilt! Thanks Pat!

11 comments:

Codi said...

Kid free vacations are the BEST! Sometimes even forget that I have kids when I am on them. I also enjoy vacations without kids or husband because he stays with the kids and I don't feel like I am putting anyone out.

I've heard that Costa Rica is a great place to go. It sound like you guys had the best time!

Brianna said...

Looks like you had a great time! How neat you got to hang out with Mark and Michelle too!

Brandalyn said...

Good for you for going on a trip with no kids, you deserved one after 10 years. I have heard Costa Rica is beautiful, I'm jealous. Maybe I will get to go for my 15th anniversary...that sounds kind of scary!

cassiecasperson said...

Wow Amy it looks like you two had so much fun!!! I'm glad you were able to get away for a little bit!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Looks and sounds like an amazing vacation. Congrats on 10 years.

Amie said...

I never thought I would see the day where you would leave the kids home! What has happened to you! I am glad you and Kev had a great time. Happy late Anniversary!!

Love you much.

Anonymous said...

So fun...David and I never even go out to dinner without our kids. I love all your pictures...I am glad you had such a great time!

Stephanie ReneƩ said...

AMAZING!!! I am SO glad you and Kevin took such a very special trip for your 10th anniversary. You both deserve it... especially YOU, Amy!!! And it was my pleasure to help out. Anytime my soul sista'! And how cute is that quilt!?!?! LOVE the photos - your accommodations were unreal! SO cool!

Melissa said...

How fun! I am jealous. I am so glad that you had fun. I can't wait to hear all about it!

The Bensons said...

I love the 10 year anniversary... we went to Cancun without the kids. The whole time we talked about how much fun it would have been if the kids were there. We should have just taken them.

Mark & Michelle said...

We are SO glad you guys have pictures of your trip because we DON'T. You are a MUCH better photographer than either one of us too Ayms. We had such a wonderful time with you Kev & Amy. Such a good time that we might crash your anniversary every year. Just kidding. We love you and miss you more than ever. Always, Mark & Michelle