12.26.2010

I'm dreaming of a White Chirstmas

So we were luck enough to go to Utah for Christmas this year.
We had such a great time with family and friends.
I love Utah in the winter!

Sundance, Utah

Sundance is where I feel at home. Now that I don't live in Utah anymore, along with most of my family, the place I feel most at home is at Sundance. I get giddy driving up the and taking in the beauty that surrounds Provo Canyon. I think I took it for granted as a kid but now I so appreciate it and long for it each winter. Sundance is the place I learned to ski and spent so many Saturdays with friends. No matter how cold it was, we wanted to be on the mountain. Even if the resort closed because of weather we found ourselves spending all day up there building ice caves. It's the place I loved to hike and occasionally mountain bike. Sundance is the place my family and I would have celebrations. It's the place we had our Thanksgiving dinner almost every year as well as Christmas Eve. It's the place I went on my first date, it's the place I was engaged to my amazing husband. It's the place that even when I was there alone, I was happy.
It may be a small resort but to me it's perfect.

Kevin and I slipped away for breakfast one morning and went for breakfast. Amazing scenery and warmth every time I'm there. It really is such a wonderful place.


Best breakfast on earth! Sundance Grill Room's oatmeal...
my mouth is watering


Fun at the Morris house with sister-in-laws! I love them!



London and Van, hanging out on the floor. It was so fun to watch them play this time around. Last time they were together, they were too little to have some fun. I love this age.


Unfortunately we went to "This is the Place! Heritage park" on the only day it was closed.
That didn't stop me from taking some pictures,
but I was really looking forward to going to the park.
Next time when we are in Utah, it will be a must.











No comments: