7.26.2007

Bryce Canyon Half-Marathon


So we are now in Utah and last weekend Avery, Genise (sister-in-law), Zoe (niece), and I headed down to Bryce Canyon so I could run in my first half-marathon. While I was running my race, on mile 6 I was approached by a man in a car who asked me if I needed a ride. I was dumbfounded when I saw my husband Kevin, who was supposed to be in Florida until August 10. It was a great surprise! Our next door neighbor is a pilot for jet-blue so he was nice enough to let Kevin use one of his buddy passes. Our neighbors are the coolest! A big thanks to Bryan and Staci! Anyways, the race went great and I can say I truly enjoyed it. All those early morning runs with my run club in Orlando payed off. Bryce Canyon is beautiful and I would recommend this half-marathon to anyone who wants to do one for the first time.



Right after the race we went hiking in Bryce Canyon National Park. It was truly breathtaking. Anyone who lives in Utah needs to take a weekend trip. Kevin and I are mad we didn't take advantage of all the great things there are to do in Utah. Yes, we did a couple trips here and there, but not enough. It's only 3 hours away from Orem and it's unbelievable.




Kevin flew in from Las Vegas so Avery, Boston and I decided to go with him and have fun in Sin City until Sunday. We were able to visit our good friend Ty Allred. It was fun to see him. I was just a little bummed because his wife Kacee and their girls were in California that week,
oh well...next time right?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That is the greatest surprise! Ben did that when he had moved to New Orleans and I was still in Utah because Anna was only 2 weeks. I have never been surpirsed like that! Great job on the running, I am feeling a little motivated! We wish we were there with you!

Holly said...

What a great story! Congratulations on the half-marathon - Trevor and I are very impressed.

Love the photos of the kids. Avery is just stunning!

cassiecasperson said...

When Jason and I heard that story with laughed really hard. What a great surprise and way to go on the half Marathon. Love the pics!!!

King Family said...

That is great! I love Bryce Canyon, we should go sometime with the kids....

Marc said...

Great pics.