7.31.2007

Stewart Falls

For some reason I thought that this hike would be a piece of cake with 6 kids under the age of seven with Genise and I. The kids were troopers but man, it kicked are butts big time! I remember it being so easy, but those were the days when I wasn't carrying a 32 lbs kid and a back pack full of snacks and water while holding my daughters hand. We did have a nice time but it would have been a lot easier with a couple more adults to help out with the kiddos. It was 4 miles round trip, so the kids slept great that night!

Avery and Boston

8 comments:

Melissa said...

We did that hike with all of the Thompson cousins this summer. It was longer than I had thought!

Holly said...

I think I know your sister-in-law from somewhere. . .

That hike looks awesome (I've never done it, not sure why). You are motivating me to be more active!

Amy Morris said...

Melissa- I remember doing that hike with you guys when Ellie and Avery were really small and I swear it was a breeze then.

Holly- She taught pre-school up in highland and was a teacher at Lehi Elemenry for a while. Does that ring any bells?

cassiecasperson said...

Amy you totally inspire me! I love the picture of Boston in the middle. Looks like you guys are having a great time in Utah. By the way thanks again for recommending Discovery Zone preschool for Mathew. He starts next month and is sooo excited.

King Family said...

Is that the fall up by Sundance? There is a shortcut hike, maybe that is what you are thinking about. Amy you are amazing...what a good mom. I would have a hard time doing that alone w/o kids. Anyway check my blog, I left my email address so we can get together if you get time.

Sommer said...

gdfg

Holly said...

No, I'm thinking even further back. . .

Meadows Family said...

Come back to Florida already.... We miss you!