10.11.2007

Kayaking Trip


So I have been slacking on posting lately, I promise it should get better. That being said here we go...
So all of you who only think of Orlando as an Amusement Park frenzy, if you ever decide to visit, you should definitely consider Kayaking.
I had know idea what fun we were in for when we started our adventure. When we first ventured out we went around a little island. While we were going around the island there were dolphins that would jump around us (yes they were about 20 ft away but it was still great), not close enough to play but still very cool.
The best part of the trip was going to a little area where Manatees like to hang out. I have always had a soft spot for these friendly water giants but being able to touch and play with them was something I thought I would never do. These animals are illegal to touch unless they come to you first. Our guide let us know that if you tap the water lightly they would come up and touch you first. It was truly amazing. We were able to see a mom and baby manatee. There was also one that fell in love with our good friend Tommy and followed him everywhere. It would spin in circles when Tommy was petting him. I wish I brought my video camera, but we only dared bring a little disposable camera from fear of breaking another camera (in Hawaii our camera fell into the water and was ruined) My only regret was that I wish I would have brought my kids because they would have loved it. Next time right?








9 comments:

Sommer said...

That looks amazing. How lucky to live in such a great vacation spot.

Melissa said...

I can't believe that. Maybe Ben and I need to take another trip to come visit :) I have been waiting for another post!

Marc said...

Wow. Seeing pictures like these makes me depressed that I live a couple of hours from anything like that. Although, living two hours away gives me the opportunity to say that if I lived closer I'd go... even though that's not so clear...

Heath and Gretchen said...

Hey! Awesome pictures! Are those the one from when Tori and I came down? That looks like it was so much fun!

Amy Morris said...

Gretchen- they are the pictures from when you babysat- it's about time I posted them. Thanks for watching the kiddos. Next time you'll have to join us.

threegirlmom said...

WOW!! That looks so much fun. When we come to visit we want to do that!!

threegirlmom said...

WOW!! That looks like so much fun. When we come to visit we want to do that!!

Johnson said...

Wow that is amazing!!! I would love to do something like that with Greg!!!! How fun!!!

Holly said...

We love kayaking, and this is why I want to live by the beach. What an amazing experience!