9.27.2008

Mt Rainier

We took two separate days to hike around Mt Rainier. Zoe and Genise joined us the first day while Kevin's parents watched Van. He was really upset with us when we got home so we decided to go another day with just our little family and take Van with us...haha. No Really we love to hike and around Mt Rainier it is absolutely beautiful. I just wish we had a whole week to go camping around this area.

Day 1
We decided to hike aorund a lake. The kids loved it and couldn't enough of trying to skip rocks in the lake. On our way out a bear ran across the road we were driving on. I wanted to take a picture but it happened so fast and when it was in the woods it was really hard to see so in order to get a good pcture of him I would have had to get out of the car and I didn't know if he was with another bear so I thought it would be better if I just stayed in the car.... call me a scardy cat but after living by alligators I've learnd to always play it safe.





Day 2
We decided to go up a little farther on Day 2. The 360' view was amazing. Kev was a trooper because he held both Boston and Van for quite some time. At first I thought the hike was going to be a disater because my kids were complaining during the beginning where it was up hill. Once it was alittle easier and itleveled off they were just peachy and it was great.
About half way we actually saw a interesting family that I wanted to take a picture of, but didn't in fear of them beating the crap out of me. We could see they brought a stroller with them which I was shocked even made it up the trail, but what was so crazy was they had their dog in the stroller where you usually have a baby strapped in and their darling baby girl was sitting in the bottom basket where you usually store your diaper bag. Dad had on pants that were 5 sizes to big and sported a wife beater tank top and mom had on huge sunglasses with short shorts and a mid drift... boy, was it a sight to see. A sight you usually don't see taking a beautiful hike in the mountains. But I will commend them for doing so. I know, I should have taken a picture. Next time right?



3 comments:

Renee said...

Seriously beautiful pictures! I love that area...wish that I could visit!

Stephanie ReneƩ said...

WOW - I so want to go to Washington again! We never made it to Mt. Rainier. Amy, your photos are simply breath taking!!! The family shots are perfect, and Kevin is such an awesome dad carrying his two boys. And I think you made the wise decision to stay INSIDE the car and not photograph the bear. You didn't need to take a photo of the family - your description was great.

Holly said...

These pictures are enough to make me want to move to Washington right now! This looked like such a fun (and gorgeous) trip. I loved all the references to alligators - I guess they really are a part of life in Florida!