1.21.2011

Anne Frank and I


This year Avery and I had the opportunity to see the play "Anne Frank and I". I was a little hesitant taking Avery at age 8 but she had recently read the book "Number the Stars" and knew a lot about the Holocaust. I didn't know when the play would return to Orlando so I decided to go for it. The play was amazing but the part that hit me most was meeting a Holocaust survivor after the play. She told us her story and I will NEVER forget it. She was an amazing person and what she lived through I can only imagine. Avery wanted to get a picture with her. There aren't too many Holocaust survivors anymore and this was a rare opportunity. The little boy clinging to her is her grandson. She pulled me close and said "This is why I wanted to live" and looked down at him. I think we all live and breathe for our families. I am so thankful to live in a place and time where I have the freedom to be with my family and live in the moment. She definitely made me want to cherish every waking moment I have with my family. She was such an amazing lady, so full of life. This was a day I will never forget and I am so thankful that I had this experience with Avery.

No comments: