5.05.2008

snuggle buddies



Our kids were such great sleepers as newborns. They always stayed in their cribs and we never had a problem with them coming into our room.   I always couldn't understand why so many parents had such a big problem with their children coming in and sleeping in their beds (boy, did I speak too soon).
It started with Avery. She would say she was scared and we would just let her crawl up with us in the middle of the night. Then it became a habit and she knew she could get away with it. There were nights we didn't know when or how she crawled in between us.  It was fine until it was happening every night. 
Then, Boston took Avery's lead and now for the last 6 months between 3 and 5 a.m. we're one big happy family in our bed.   They fall asleep with no problem in their own beds so it's not falling asleep thats the problem, it's the staying asleep that we needed to work on.
Now that our new little one will be here at anytime we decided we need to  put an end to it before he got here because we didn't want them to think it was because of him. So we had a little pep talk, and now when I go upstairs in the morning I find them both cuddled up to one another in Avery's bed. I can't help but smile.  I actually think it's cute and don't mind one bit. Better her bed than mine. Someday they'll be sleeping in their own beds and I just hope they remain as good of friends as they are now.  

10 comments:

Holly said...

This is so precious! We are dealing with the exact same thing with Max, and it has only been a recent occurrence. It is funny how quickly things change!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

My boys have bunkbeds and usually go to bed together on the same bed every night. If for some reason one is acting tough and wants to sleep alone it only lasts for a few hours until one of them wakes up and makes their way to their brother. Those pictures are sweet. Makes you wish time would never change.

Renee said...

Cute story! I love that they are such great friends. Good luck in your final weeks of pregnancy!

Tori said...

This is SO cute, Amy. I'm glad you thought to take some pics of them while they were still sleeping. Amen about wishing times would never change... sigh.

cassiecasperson said...

That is so unbelievably cute!!! Hope your doing ok. Can't wait to see your new addition.

Burgess Family said...

Don't sweat the small stuff, with Mic I was soo by the book the whole growing Kids GOD"S way thing and one day i realized i had never snuggled with her in my bed and i luv when she does it! I can't wait for flynn to want to crawl in bed with his big sissy!

Johnson said...

That makes me laugh because my kids are exactly the same way. Greg and I always wake up wondering where they all came from and when? Your kids are so beautiful!!!

Bec

Stephanie said...

This is so sweet! Cherish the moments while they're young, is what I have heard.

melbo said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! What little muffins all cuddled up together :)
Hang in there, Amy! Any day now!!

Codi said...

I love that! They are so sweet and cute. I hope that my girls will begin to like each other one day. But,they will probably be like Brianne and I were.